Health Test Requirements
The health database is for individual dogs that have passed all of the required tests below. All dogs with passing health tests may be included in the database and searchable by the public. Please find more information on health related decisions.
Validation through official online links to databases or scanned pdf submissions of certificates is required prior to the dog being listed in the database.
Benign Familial Juvenile Epilepsy: Dogs Rating – Normal or Carrier
Lagotto Storage Disease: Dogs Rating – Normal or Carrier
- OFA Hips for dogs 24 months and older, permanent hip evaluations must be graded OFA “Excellent”, “Good” or “Fair”.
OFA Preliminary hip evaluations completed after 12 months will be accepted in the health database. Final certification after 24 months must be submitted to the database.
- PennHip evaluations are considered passing only if the results indicate a “distraction index” (DI) that meets or exceeds the median DI for Lagotto as set forth in the PennHip Evaluation. Final PennHip evaluations can be done after the age of 4 months.
- International hip evaluation scores must be A or B.
- Exams must be performed by a Certified Veterinarian Ophthalmologist either in the year of submission or the year before. We highly recommend yearly eye testing to detect cataracts that might be hereditary as well as genetic testing for Progressive Retinal Atrophy (PRA)
- Dogs rating – Normal
Optional Testing: (not required) Breeders may also choose to test or screen for the following conditions:
- Patella Luxation: Dogs should have normal or grade 1 rating
- Elbow Dysplasia – Dogs rating Normal
- Incorrect or short coat/“Furnishings” – Dogs rating Normal or Carrier
- Dentition – Dog listed “Scissor” or “Reverse Scissor”
complete this online form